A student starts moulding their true career life after high school; therefore, a solid first step is paramount. Having a good path line and good planning and preparation, a student can achieve a fruitful future. With a bachelor’s degree in the right field, the student can set a firm trajectory towards a successful career and long-term growth. However, with the abundance of programmes and degrees and adding the numerous colleges and universities in Canada, the whole process can present as a daunting experience. To make that process more relaxed, the following blog will stand as a guide for bachelors degree Canada.
Why Choose Canada For A Bachelor’s Degree
Canada has a ton of good reasons as to why it is being favoured by students constantly for higher education. Some of the top reasons are mentioned below:
- Best education standards: The education system in Canada is by far one of the best in the world. The universities and colleges of Canada are continually seen within the top ranks among global institutes. The institutes offer a diverse range of programmes and degrees with curricula reflecting modern and traditional literature.
- Tuition fees: Institutes in Canada generally have tuition fees that can be managed fairly well. A bachelors degree Canada can range from 15,000 CAD to 27,000 CAD. Adding on to this, there are a substantial amount of scholarships, grants, fee waivers, and work-study programmes that are presented by the institutes and the government as well.
- Work opportunities: Another major reason why Canada is very desirable among students is the wide availability of job opportunities in various sectors. Canadian immigration policies allow international students to work on and off campus while studying. Besides, many institutes have a strong placement programme which helps graduates land their dream jobs.
- Permanent residency: Canada offers favourable immigration pathways for international students. Upon graduation, the student is eligible for post-graduate work permits, which allow them to work in Canada for a specified period. This experience can contribute towards Canadian work experience and increase the chances of obtaining permanent residency.
- Research opportunities: Canada has a strong influence towards innovation and development. Therefore, most of the institutes there have focused research projects. Canadian institutes have state-of-the-art facilities to support a large spectrum of disciplines, which in turn results in research opportunities in diverse fields.
Most Popular Bachelors Degree Canada
It is without question that Canadian institutes have programmes in disciplines from A to Z. Therefore, every student has an equal chance to pursue their passion with the best education quality. With that being said, there are also a few courses that are popular among the student masses, and some of them are listed below.
- Engineering: This stream has been and will also be a frontrunner in society and hence there is no shortage of courses and institutes to accommodate it. Engineering degrees like civil, mechanical, electrical and computers are the most sort after in Canada as they hold an abundance of potential. Canada already has a strong engineering industry which presents a great source of job opportunities for graduates.
- Business administration and management: Business programs are widely popular due to their versatility and student appeal. The growth and development of a student in business courses in Canadian institutes is exponential. Marketing, finance, accounting, management, and other dual programmes like engineering management etc, are most popular among students.
- Medicine: This is one field that is the backbone of society as healthcare and medical professionals help a nation from succumbing to ailments. The demand for medical graduates is always present in Canada, and hospitals pay exceptionally well. Other bachelors degrees Canada in fields like pharmacy, nursing, research, etc, are also seeing a lot of student inflow.
- Information Technology: Software and IT has become a part of everyday life; the world would stop functioning without them. Courses like data engineering, data science, blockchain development, full stack development, etc, are in high demand these days with exuberant salary packages. These courses can land an individual in large companies like Meta, Google, Amazon, etc.
- Psychology: The study of the human mind and behaviour has gathered a large interest in courses related to it. The advancements in medical technology better compliments this field currently as well. Graduates can expect a promising career path in psychology in notable hospitals or self-made clinics.
Best Universities For A Bachelors Degree Canada
Some of the best universities in Canada to pursue a bachelor’s degree are mentioned below in no particular order.
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- Queen’s University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Montreal
- University of Calgary
- University of Alberta
- Western University
- University of Waterloo
Process To Study In Canada
Canada, like any other country abroad, requires certain procedures to be followed when attempting to study there. The procedure may vary based on the institute, intake, programme and state. Therefore below is a general set of steps to remember when applying for a Bachelors degree Canada.
- Determine course and university/college: First and foremost would be to narrow down a programme of interest. This is crucial since an individual’s whole life path can be synonymous with the industry they choose. Process the cons and pros of a few programmes and approach them with an open mind. Selecting a university/college is equally important since a good education will provide great value and knowledge to a student. Categorizing between tuition fees, location, intake, placement, student life, etc is a good filtering process.
- Arranging funds: Tuition fees have to be paid before the commencement of classes therefore students must be ready with the funds. If students have received scholarships, grants or fee waivers, the necessary documents must be presented.
- Entry requirements: Each institute will have its own requirements for a bachelor’s degree Canada hence it is important to understand them accordingly. Exams like IELTS, GRE, SAT, etc, will have to be taken in advance. Educational transcripts, letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, and other supporting documents are some of the general requirements required by institutes.
- Applying to the institute: Applying to the university/college would be the next step. Detailed instructions for this will be mentioned on the website of the institute. Along with the application form, other necessary documents should also be presented to the institute. This should be done well before the deadline so that the institute can have enough time to process and rectify any errors.
- Obtain a study permit: International students generally require a study permit to study in Canada. Applications for this can be submitted on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) portal. The student needs to submit documents like an acceptance letter, proof of financial support, a valid passport, etc.
- Prepare to travel to Canada: Other miscellaneous tasks, such as finalising accommodation, transportation of excess luggage, etc should be taken care of prior. Finally, the student needs to book flight tickets and bid farewell to their home country.
Student Life In Canada
A student will have a good mix of social and academic life in Canada as there are events that support both of these things. Socialising in Canada will be fairly simple as the people are very welcoming, and the population is diverse. A student will find many engaging events and activities hosted by the institutes and places outside the institute as well. Complementing this is also the vibrant land of Canada which is home to many beautiful nature spots with many recreational activities. A simple walk in the park or skiing down a snowy mountain is just a cab ride away.
Be it for a bachelors degree Canada or any other reason, a student will not be disappointed in choosing Canada for their studies.
If you liked reading this blog on ‘Study Bachelors Degree Canada: Course, Universities & Fee’ then make sure you check out our other articles link below