Nigeria Police have declared that members of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) won’t be deployed to the Special Weapons and ways Team (SWAT).
The Force Headquarters confirmed this on Wednesday. PR Officer, Frank Mba, gave 5 ‘important facts’ regarding the new unit.
The points are:
1. No personnel of the defunct severe acute respiratory syndrome are going to be hand-picked to be a part of the new military science Team;
2. Operations of the new military science Team are going to be strictly intelligence driven;
3. Members of the new military science Team can by no means that start routine patrols;
4. The new team area unit barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones and laptops;
5. Operatives should be freed from any disciplinary matter particularly those bearing on misuse of firearms or abuse of human rights.
The Police had ordered all severe acute respiratory syndrome personnel to report back to Nigerian capital.
The security agency conjointly assured that prospective SWAT members can endure psychological and medical to determine their fitness and eligibility.
They are to begin coaching at the various Police military science coaching establishments nationwide next week.
Personnel from the Police Commands within the South-East and also the South-South are going to be trained at the Counter-Terrorism school, Nonwa-Tai, Rivers State.
Those from the Police Commands within the North and South-West are going to be trained at the Police Mobile Force college, Nasarawa State and also the Police Mobile Force college, Osun State, severally.